DAYCATION AT LA CAMPAGNE TROPICANA



This Saturday, I got to go to the famous La Campagne Tropicana beach resort at Ibeju-Lekki with a couple of friends on a work retreat and you know I had to come give you guys the tea. 


We left the mainland a little bit after 9:15AM and fortunately, for a Lagos Saturday, there was very little traffic congestion. Even at that, the journey to the resort was a long one. We got to the resort around 12PM so we were on the road for almost 3 good hours. We didn’t feel the strain too much though because we spent most of the time playing the truth or drink, asking each other inappropriate questions, for example, someone asked me what my body count was. I chose to drink. 💛

When we finally got to the resort after what felt like days on the road, I thought the long journey was worth it. The whole place was giving out a sort of ‘just chill’ vibe and I was loving it. 



The retreat package came with finger foods and palm wine as a kind of 'welcome' refreshment. It was my first time tasting palm wine and it’ll probably be my last. Sorry not sorry. 



One of my favourite things about the resort is how picturesque it is, with the palm trees, hammocks and the many cute huts everywhere. 










It also has a LOT of recreational activities for guests to participate in such as horse riding, swimming, kayaking, canoeing, water volleyball and a lot more.

I was supposed to partake in water volleyball but I chickened out at the last minute because my dumb ass thought it meant throwing around water balls instead of regular balls (it doesn’t, water volleyball is playing volleyball IN WATER and I wasn’t about to get my hair wet). 



I got to go kayaking though which was a first and I’d like to give myself a pat on the back for getting a hang of it so quickly. A couple of people were really struggling (you know yourselves). It cost N500 to kayak for 15 minutes, I don’t know much about kayaking but I thought that was a fair price and I’m pretty sure I was in the water for over 30 minutes because nobody was actually timing us which was great! 

The resort is a long expanse and I loooooved taking a long walk on the beach, occasionally going into the water then quickly running away at the sight of a big wave because it’s 2018 and your girl still can’t swim. 



I also loved how they provided for shower stations everywhere so you don’t have to go all the way to the restroom to get sand off you. Which brings me to my number one dislike; the restroom. Simply put, it’s absolutely nasty. They’re all extremely tiny so you have to squeeze in and looks like it was built in 1906. For a resort it’s price, I expected better. 

The daycation at the beach was fun but I think to fully enjoy the resort you’d have to spend at least a weekend there because there were just so many things to do but so little time. We left around 7PM and got back to the mainland around 10PM with very little traffic along the way so that’s about 6 hours driving to and fro. 

It would be a great place for a romantic gateway though, just putting that out there. 
Have you ever been to the resort? Are you planning on going there? Please let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below, thank you. 


Share:

2 comments

  1. Whoop! Whoop!! Finally made it to the blog sounds like a great day you had. Looking at that journey though I'll rather sleep over. I was thinking you slept over and hoping to ask for lodging prices. Guess I'll have to do my research though. So, which beach /resort are we taking next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! Maybe next time, and the prices for their lodges are all listed on their website so maybe you should check that out.
    Next beach resort? The Inagbe beach resort is literally calling my name :)

    ReplyDelete